AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Setup Dynamic Remarketing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

Greetings,

I am about to setup a dynamic remarketing campaign, but before setting up this campaign i have some queries and doubts in my mind regarding it. They are listed below. Please answer them to resolve my queries.

1. I am already using traditional remarketing campaign, so can i use dynamic remarketing with traditional remarketing.

2. I know codes of dynamic and traditional remarketings are different. is there any way by which we can use the dynamic remaketing with the help of traditional remarketing code by doing some changes in it.

3. Suppose if i have thousands of products in my website, so how i will enter product id and page type in custom parameters in the codes. How the product feed will work here? How the code will work in CMS like shopify, magento and big commerce.

Guys please me in clearing my all of those doubts.

Regards,

Roshan Baidua,

Cheers

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Roshan B
September 2015

Re: Setup Dynamic Remarketing

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Roshan B,

Yes, you will add extension for this purpose only. They will be filling in the values for custom parameters dynamically on all pages. 

However, for Shopify you can simply do the following -

Go to your themes.liquid file. Edit it to add your Dynamic Remarketing code and replace the first script area that holds custom parameters with the following -

<script type="text/javascript">
var google_tag_params = {
ecomm_prodid: '{{ product.id }}',
ecomm_pagetype: '{{ template }}',
ecomm_totalvalue: '{{ product.price_min | money_without_currency }}',
};
</script>

Else, use an extension to avoid getting into the code.

All the best!

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Roshan B,

1. Yes, you can use both Remarketing and Dynamic Remarketing at the same time. There won't be any problem.

2. When you add custom parameters to a usual remarking code, they become dynamic remarketing code. So, yes. Modify your existing remarketing code to gather custom parameter data as well. 

3. All popular CMSs have plugins/extensions for this purpose. Even with Shopify, Magento etc. you can easily find extensions which automate the process of creating feeds. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Ratan,

Thanks for your reply,

if i simply add the dynamic remarketing code in the shopify & bigcommerce plugin/extension then it will start gathering the data ??
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Roshan B
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Roshan B,

Yes, you will add extension for this purpose only. They will be filling in the values for custom parameters dynamically on all pages. 

However, for Shopify you can simply do the following -

Go to your themes.liquid file. Edit it to add your Dynamic Remarketing code and replace the first script area that holds custom parameters with the following -

<script type="text/javascript">
var google_tag_params = {
ecomm_prodid: '{{ product.id }}',
ecomm_pagetype: '{{ template }}',
ecomm_totalvalue: '{{ product.price_min | money_without_currency }}',
};
</script>

Else, use an extension to avoid getting into the code.

All the best!

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Ratan, you have cleared my all doubts about dynamic remarketing.

Cheers

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ratan-Jha,

I am looking for an answer similar to this.

The problem is that i cant access the CMS to install the codes through plugins. I need to install it with Tag Manager, and i read about getting the 'ecomm_prodid' by using custom macros with querrys.

Can you help me to get the correct querry? My url is https://www.xxx.com/products/37-desayunador-yeico , where the number matches my prod. id.

Thanks!