AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Setting up campaigns and ad groups

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I have a business a virtual business in SA, which offers business services and life services. Initially, I was going to create a campaign for business and a campaign for life, and then different ad groups based on the specific services in each category. Then I realised I would like to target SA as a geographic location, as well as the UK and USA. 

Any advice on the best way of structuring this?

Many thanks

Nicky

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Setting up campaigns and ad groups

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Nicky and welcome,

I would prefer creating a different campaign for different countries (i.e. SA, UK, USA). One of the important reason for that would be the user behaviour and time difference.

If you create a single campaign for all countries, you won't be able to understand how they are performing during different hours of the day. But if you split them, you would see what time during the day or night is highly converting for you.

There are language differences as well and you have to make sure that you adapt to the local language of each country so that  what you project in your ad copy is easily understood by the users of those countries.

In order to see how you should organize your account, I would encourage you to read this reference:

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375470?hl=en

My thoughts!

Pankaj