AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Setting up a dynamic remarketing ads with google merchant center

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I am now setting up a dynamic remarketing ads,

I have 2 sub account ID linked within my main Google Merchant Centre account.

When i created the new dynamic ad, I found that it linked to both of my sub accounts with in the main account

As I have 2 Account ID from different sites and brand, I dont want different brand of products to show within the an ads. How can I fix that issues ?

Other question is, how can I specify only one kind of product(e.g just headset) to display on my dynamic ads?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Peter W
September 2015

Re: Setting up a dynamic remarketing ads with google merchant center

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Peter, 

It sounds like you might find our dynamic remarketing campaign set-up guide helpful.

I believe that what you are saying is that you have a multi-client Merchant Center account and want to apply only one of the Merchant Center accounts to the AdWords account. If this is the case you should follow these steps: 

1. Log into AdWords and select your new dynamic remarketing campaign
  2. Click on the Ad Extensions tab
  3. From the drop down select Product Extensions
  4. Click + Extension
  5. Click Choose and select the Merchant Center account that you want to link
  6. Click Save

If you want to run PLAs for your other Merchant Center account you would need to set up a separate campaign. 

Dynamic remarketing is by nature...dynamic! We populate the ad based on what the user previously searched which means that the ad could be pulled from anywhere on your site. Because of this, it's not really possible to have only certain products from your site be pulled from your feed. Here's how I would suggest working with this:

• Use negative keywords. This will allow you to exclude certain products from being pulled from your feed.
  • (or) Create a feed that only lists the products you want to remarket with. Bear in mind that this will obviously affect any regular PLA campaigns that use the same feed. 

I hope that helps clarify your situation a bit. Let us know if you have any further questions. 

-Hannah

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks so much for that.

I had few questions about the dynamic remarketing tag.

Do we have to manually enter all of these values for each product for each
page?

Do we have to put
1. the Sum of all products value in GMC feed for ecomm_totalvalue.?
2. All product id in GMC feed for ecomm_prodid ?

How does that work with pages like 'Home' and 'Checkout'?

I ask because we have tens of thousands of products and would not be able
to manually enter these values on each page.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Peter, 

There are a few options for uploading your data feed to your Merchant Center account. Read more about them here

For other Merchant Center questions, check out the Google Merchant Center Forum

Hannah