AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Setting Campaign Location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I have my campaign set to only target the UK and I imagined this meant it would only be shown to goolgers in the UK, however I'm getting clicks from people in Australia. This is a complete waste of clicks for me as I sell vintage furniture and don't ship overseas. Is this a blip with adwords or a fault with my campaign? I don't want my ad showing to anyone other than UK based residents. Any help greatly appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Setting Campaign Location

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Stokes,

You're advised to find the Location options (advanced) feature under the Settings tab, Disregard the default option and select the People in my targeted location radio button. As a result, the ad will display for anyone who is likely to be physically located in your targeted location, i.e. in the UK.

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Setting Campaign Location

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Stokes,

You're advised to find the Location options (advanced) feature under the Settings tab, Disregard the default option and select the People in my targeted location radio button. As a result, the ad will display for anyone who is likely to be physically located in your targeted location, i.e. in the UK.

Best,

Lakatos