AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Set up of display network campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

If I was running just a campaign to target the display network, would it be best to set up separate campaign for just display networks ads and then remarketing traffic or should I keep everything all in one campaign.

I.e:

Campaign 1 - targets a selection of display keywords - original ad content that assumes users haven't seen the landing page/site

Campaign 2 - targets remarketing of all website visitors - ads tailored to "nudge" customers about landing page/site then viewed

Does that make sense? Or is there a better way to set things up?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rob C
November 2015

Re: Set up of display network campaigns

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Rob C I would say that if you have a Remarketing list, that list will almost always have a part to play in your "ordinary" GDN Campaign(s) whether or not they're also used in a separate Campaign of their own.  For example, if they're previous buyers you may want to increase their bids so they buy again, or decrease them substantially if you're product doesn't work for repeat buys.  If they're checkout abandoners who have matched into that Campaign, you'll want to boost their bids and so on.  

Having said that, a lot will depend upon the nature of your lists and their purpose.  If your list is abandoners, you may want to tailor your Ads to that need by actively encouraging a return (rather than a first visit).  If they're previous buyers you'll want to tailor the Ads with reasons why they should buy again, or buy associated products/services.

So, I'd probably say "both".  Your list(s) probably have a role to play in the existing Campaign and a role in a Campaign of their own.  Just make sure you work out the bidding so they match to the right Campaign...

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rob C
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Rob C I would say that if you have a Remarketing list, that list will almost always have a part to play in your "ordinary" GDN Campaign(s) whether or not they're also used in a separate Campaign of their own.  For example, if they're previous buyers you may want to increase their bids so they buy again, or decrease them substantially if you're product doesn't work for repeat buys.  If they're checkout abandoners who have matched into that Campaign, you'll want to boost their bids and so on.  

Having said that, a lot will depend upon the nature of your lists and their purpose.  If your list is abandoners, you may want to tailor your Ads to that need by actively encouraging a return (rather than a first visit).  If they're previous buyers you'll want to tailor the Ads with reasons why they should buy again, or buy associated products/services.

So, I'd probably say "both".  Your list(s) probably have a role to play in the existing Campaign and a role in a Campaign of their own.  Just make sure you work out the bidding so they match to the right Campaign...

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply, Jon.

None of them will be previous buyers - the system validates customer info so the same person can't sign up twice (it's leads rather than purchases).

So setting up two campaigns then.