AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Set Bidding Rules for different Conversion Types using AdWords Scripts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

We're using several conversion types to optimize our campaigns - Product Views, Add-to-Cart-Clicks etcs. We'd like to set up rules to pause keywords that hit certain CPA-thresholds for each of these conversions - as far as we know this is not possible with Automated Rules.

Does anybody here know if this is possible using AdWords Scripts? We haven't found a script online that does optimization for different conversion types, but since this data is available in the API it should theoretically be possible, no?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Christina

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Set Bidding Rules for different Conversion Types using AdWords Scripts

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Christina.

You'll probably have to write your own script, starting from a Keyword Performance Report (https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/appendix/reports/keywords-performance-report#conversi... in which to include the ConversionTypeName row.

You'll then be able to compute the CPA from the total cost per conversion type, per keyword and the number of conversions per conversion type and keyword.

Hope it helps.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.