AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Separate landpages for mobile and desktop not working. Please Help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to have two sets of ads in the same ad group, one for mobile and one for desktops/tablets. The ads for mobile have a different destination URL that goes to a specific landing page customized for mobiles. I also checked the mobile checkbox on the ad and set budget for mobile +300%. However, I got no impressions on the mobile ads. Whenever I search on smartphone, only the ads for desktops/tablets show.  Please, help me!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Separate landpages for mobile and desktop not working. Please Help

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, Welcome to the Community,

Please use the method described in here at Example 1: Redirecting users to device-specific landing pages :

http://adwords.blogspot.ro/2013/03/new-valuetrack-parameters-for-enhanced.html

For mobile Ad groups , in the ad group leave at least 1 non-mobile Ad besides the other with the Mobile checkbox checked.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, for answering so fast.
I already have mobile and no-mobile ads on the same ad group with the same keywords for both ads.
So, the correct way to work is to add the ValueTrack (ifmobile, ifnotmobile) for each of my keyword?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

You have presented 2 problems :

1) The problem from the title, the fact that you need to separate traffic for mobiles and desktops

My advice can solve that problem. This way even if you see a Desktop Ad from the smartphone, the click on the Ad should take a visitor to the mobile landing page.

2) The problem of Displaying different Ads ( with different content) for mobile impressions , than for desktop impressions. 

For this you have already tried :

a) allocating several "mobile preferred ads" in the Ad group with leaving at least 1 non-mobile Ad

b) increased mobile bid adjustment with 300%

These settings should help you achieve the goal in problem 2. I have no further idea to give you about this , but other forum members could have.

My guess is that testing the problem 2) on your smartphone did not work because you are using a browser with the setting "request desktop version" from any site.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi nyclaudioms,

If the keywords have a keyword level destination URL, yes, you will need to add the (ifmobile, ifnotmobile) for each of them.

If you have a large number of keywords, all going to a different landing page, all in one AdGroup, you might want to think about reorganizing your campaign with AdGroups with fewer keywords that all go to the same landing page. You'll get better QS, and that should reduce the CPC or move you up on the page.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords