AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Separate ad groups for Android and iOS apps

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

I came across some answers by top contributors which said that separate ad groups must be created for Android and iOS apps. Is it because an ad group can have only 1 display URL domain (and domains for Android and iOS apps are of course different)?

Just wanted to confirm before implementing this and it shall be a lot of extra work to duplicate the keywords and optimize separate ad groups. 

Thanks

Akshat

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Separate ad groups for Android and iOS apps

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Akshat, I'd imagine that's the reason.  Each Ad Group can only have one Destination/Display URL.

It really shouldn't be that much work using the AdWords Editor...  Mostly a matter of copy/paste Smiley Happy

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Akshat, I'd imagine that's the reason.  Each Ad Group can only have one Destination/Display URL.

It really shouldn't be that much work using the AdWords Editor...  Mostly a matter of copy/paste Smiley Happy

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Jon.