AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Separate Campaign for Mobile

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Guys,

Can i create a separate campaign for mobile only? If i can then please share the process for the same.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Separate Campaign for Mobile

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi

There is no direct way to do it, You can create mobile optimized ad copies inside normal campaign but this will not solve your question.

Even though there are no direct way to run mobile only campaigns there are some methods you can use to workaround this issue, Mind you that this might not be perfect but you can try and see.

http://www.topdraw.com/blog/targeting-only-mobile-devices-with-adwords-enhanced-campaigns/

Also check following community discussion regarding same issue

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/Can-I-have-a-search-campaign-only-f...

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello akjha,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

Yes, you can. @Nisal has already walked you through the possible ways of doing it.

However, AdWords does not seem to to encourage this, and why should it do so when you have 'Device Bid Adjustments' option in your control. You can increase or decrease bids based on your device preferences.

In my opinion, there is no need to have separate campaigns for mobile devices if the landing page URLs remain the same across all devices. If you have separate URLs for mobile devices, you try it out.

I have been working on a mobile-only campaign which targets a different set of URLs  accessible through mobile device only (m.domain...com). It is working better. I have seen an increase of 30% in conversion over a week. 

How did I create it? Based on the same strategy as @Nisal  referred. Set a lower bid and increased it by 300% on mobile devices with the help of Device Bid Adjustment. 

EDITED - Forgot to mention, I have proper redirects set. If somehow any of these ads happen to show on desktop, the m.domain...com URLs redirect to their relevant www URLs immediately. This way I make sure my clicks are not getting wasted.

Thanks

Ratan

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

To follow with Nisal here, I would like to add that in case you want to create a Display Network Campaign, you have the option to select particular mobile devices along with specific Operating Systems as well like Android, iOS etc...So yes for Display Network only campaign enabled with all features, it is possible to target only mobile and tablet devices. See this screenshot:-

Display.png

But that's not the case for Search Network and other type of campaigns. You will have to keep the low bids by default and then increase it to max i.e. 300% to make sure that your ads for mobile specific devices are shown. Although it doesn't guarantee that you won't get clicks from laptops or desktops. But since the bid for desktops will be minimal chances will be that they won't be showing ads under the ad auction and your mobile preferred ad is shown on mobile devices.

My Thoughts!

Pankaj