AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Seller ratings don't show for new ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everybody,

so I've recently (last friday) created a batch of new ads for a campaign; but even though everything is okay with the rating site (trustedshops, over 400 ratings with an average of 4.8 over the last 12 months), the new ads don't show the seller ratings (the older ones still do).

I already asked a google support staff member about that omission, and her answer was something along the lines of "seller ratings don't show for recent ads until a certain amount of clicks has been accumulated/it has been verified that the ad performs satisfactory" or something like that. When asked, she confirmed that the problem wasn't with the ranking site or the adwords account, so the problem must be elsewhere.

So I am asking now (no offense, but I've already had my fair share of contradictory and outright false advice from adwords support employees): is that true? Do I just have to "wait out" a period of time until the seller ratings finally show?

Thanks in advance for any answer!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Seller ratings don't show for new ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

If the ads were created last Friday, then I would say that it might be too early to predict whether these ads will be shown with seller ratings or not. There are various signals AdWords uses to show ads with seller ratings.

And I hope that you are already aware of the pre-conditions required for the ads to be eligible for seller ratings on Google network. More details around this are here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375474?hl=en

In the meantime, I would suggest adding the  Review Extensions and see how they perform for your campaigns.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the quick answer.

"And I hope that you are already aware of the pre-conditions required for the ads to be eligible for seller ratings on Google network."

Well, yes:

• Your campaign type should be "Search Network with Display Select," "Search & Display Networks" or "Search Network only."
  • The customer must be searching on Google.com, Google.co.uk, Google.co.nz, Google.com.au, Google.de, Google.co.jp, Google.fr, or Google.nl.
  • In most cases, your business must have at least 30 unique reviews -- each from the past 12 months -- and a composite rating of at least 3.5 stars or higher. However, we may show ratings for merchants with fewer than 30 reviews if we have sufficient data from other sources to determine an accurate rating. At least 10 of these reviews must be in the customer's Google interface language.

All bases covered here.

"There are various signals AdWords uses to show ads with seller ratings."

Which would be? The things the Google Support employee mentioned in our conversation? (accumulated clicks, CTR...)

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author toaonyk
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Okay, I found the problem:

The displayed URL was that of a sub-domain (so, instead of www.aaa.com/bbb , like the URL of the actual product site, it was bbb.aaa.com , which means it wasn't accepted as an URL directly belonging to the rated site.