AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Segment experiment data

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I´ve tried the new campaign experiment feature (Experiment and Draft) and I can´t see a way of segmenting the data.
With the older experiment type (ACE) I can get data on keyword level for Experiment vs Control to make a comparison if I change the bid for example. But this seems not to be possible with the new feature, instead all data i aggregate on campaign level.
Is that really so? Or am I missing something?

/ David

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
April 2016

Re: Segment experiment data

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi David,

The new campaign Drafts and Experiments feature does not support segmenting your data at the keyword level. The farthest you will be able to compare is at the ad group level, if you have enough statistically significant data.

If you want to drill down into campaign insights, you can use the Reports Editor (the Reports section at the very top of the AdWords interface). From there, you can create a new report, filter to show only your base and experiment campaigns, and add in the metrics/segmentation that you want to see. You'll need to make sure though that you set the date range to cover only the experiment date range.

Cassie

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
April 2016

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi David,

The new campaign Drafts and Experiments feature does not support segmenting your data at the keyword level. The farthest you will be able to compare is at the ad group level, if you have enough statistically significant data.

If you want to drill down into campaign insights, you can use the Reports Editor (the Reports section at the very top of the AdWords interface). From there, you can create a new report, filter to show only your base and experiment campaigns, and add in the metrics/segmentation that you want to see. You'll need to make sure though that you set the date range to cover only the experiment date range.

Cassie

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Cassie

I have to say that the old feature (ACE) gave me much better possibilities to make an analysis in depth at scale and with speed.
In this new interface I´ll have to work at multiple levels and with multiple windows at the same time in order to make a comparison of changes.
The intention is good, but I think this is a step backwards.