AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Seeing what google search words showed my ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all.  I'm new to this.  I hope this hasen't been asked too many times before.  The other day I did a google search for something I wanted to buy and my ad appeared.  It shouldn't have and I made that term into a negative keyword.  Can I see what terms have shown my ads so that I can add more negative key words if I want to? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Seeing what google search words showed my ad

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Yes you can. First set the time range for last few days (the more the better). Google needs some time to gather the keywords and it won't work for today.

Then click on a canpaign -> click on the Keywords tab -> click on Keyword Details -> click All.

I made a screenshot: http://imgur.com/EAGrbZz

You can also check the keywords that triggered your ad in only one adgroup in a similar way.

And yes, this feature should be accessible easier, a lot of people can't find it.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Yes you can. First set the time range for last few days (the more the better). Google needs some time to gather the keywords and it won't work for today.

Then click on a canpaign -> click on the Keywords tab -> click on Keyword Details -> click All.

I made a screenshot: http://imgur.com/EAGrbZz

You can also check the keywords that triggered your ad in only one adgroup in a similar way.

And yes, this feature should be accessible easier, a lot of people can't find it.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

A quick addition to the above:

Add "keyword" column. The default UI shows the search query that matched the keyword. However; it does NOT show the keyword that matched a search query. Inorder to see the specific keyword that matched the search query, add a "keyword" column. (From the columns tab)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’