AdWords
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Search retargeting audience impression (not display)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I added a retargeting list, which is the people who has been to my website, to one campaign audience. And I receive the data of impression like this:

Total - eligible audiences     3
Total - Search                 500

Does it mean that my ad is showing to all the people who are searching for the keyword I booked, and only 3 of them is from my retargeting list?

Can I show the ad ONLY to the people in my retargeting list, excluding all the others? 

Thank a lot in advance!

Yao Li

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Search retargeting audience impression (not display)

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Yao,
To properly understand this I'd need to see your account. I'm going to send you an email to get some account specifics from you. Keep an eye on your inbox.

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Does anyone else have the answer to my question? I still can not figure out this problem: total eligible audience and total search

Thanks in advance!

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Yao,

Can you please post a screenshot of this ? Not so sure which one you referring here 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Yao,

To answer your original question, yes, the "eligible audience" figure refers to the people on your Remarketing list while the "Total - Search" figure is the total for the entire Campaign.

Yes, you can run a Campaign targeting only people on your Remarketing list by choosing "Target and Bid" as your targeting option for the list.  Learn more here:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2701222?hl=en

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

To Answer you precisely.

Change your adgroup setting for remarketing list to TARGET & BID.
but if you have 3 audiance in remarketing list, your ads wont run as google needs much higher audiance for any such campaign due to privacy reasons.