AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Search partners only

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How can I setup a campaign to run only on the search partners network? I want to run my same campaigns without interfering with what I currently have going.
4 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Search partners only

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Firethorne;

We have seen this request by a number of advertisers.

However, currently, you cannot have a separate campaign  for "search partners" only.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Firethorne,

You cannot have a separate campaign for search partners only as Moshe already mentioned.

But if you have already selected search partners in your existing search campaign you can find the performance separately.

Use Segment option in Adwords interface and select - Network (with search partners)

This will give you search partners performance summary in your campaign.

Hope this helps.

Info

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Firethorne;

We have seen this request by a number of advertisers.

However, currently, you cannot have a separate campaign  for "search partners" only.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If we can't seperate them how can we test the two without competing against our own ads? Would making a new account help?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;

You can only opt out from search partners. If you include search partners ----> you must have Google search.

Thus you cannot test search partner performance separately ( on search campaigns).

Note: On the display network you can choose specific placements and test them.,. (But, this is a different case than your question - Isn't it?)

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Firethorne,

You cannot have a separate campaign for search partners only as Moshe already mentioned.

But if you have already selected search partners in your existing search campaign you can find the performance separately.

Use Segment option in Adwords interface and select - Network (with search partners)

This will give you search partners performance summary in your campaign.

Hope this helps.

Info

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Firethorn,

No you can't set up a Search Network only campaign. But CPC on the Search Parnters are typically significantly lower than on Google itself. What you can do is duplicate your Google only campaign and enable the Search Network. Then cut all your bids in half. Google search will pick up the higher bids from the Google only campaign. Search Partners will trigger from the second campaign.

I haven't done this yet, but it's in my plan when I get some extra time to set it up. I find the CTR on Google to be 4 to 10 times greater than Search Partners.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Hi Firethorne,

As MosheTLV and Info mentioned, you can't create a 'Search Partner only' campaign but you can use segments to view performance data from the Search Partners. More information can be found here.

Let us know if you have any additional questions!

Rachel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Wouldn't having a higher CTR without search partners enabled lower the CPC cost for Google Search, therefore making it more competitive with the lower CPCs on search partners? Trying to decide whether to leave it on or not. Conventional wisdom in the industry is to turn it off due to low conversions.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Nick 

This discussion is closed for almost a year.  If you have a follow up question, it would be better to ask a new question, by opening a new discussion;

Thank you!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That's a rude comment. If it was closed, then I shouldn't be allowed to reply. And the question is still relevant today just as it was a year ago, since it wasn't even addressed on this thread. This topic was highlighted in a section about search partners. Don't tell me what to do. Talk to the site owner if you have a problem with the way this site works.