AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Search campaing - exclusion and cpc

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello AdWords PPL,

I just wanna make sure before I do it:

In search campaing I wanna exclude remarketing list. So it will just exclude the list and other ppl which are searching for our product will be able to see it. Is there anything else what should I know.

In search campaing I wanna pay a bit more for ppl who already been to my shopping basket and othere parts of my webpage. How can I do it?

If I use targeting is search campaing for remarketing list, ppl which are not in the will be able to see ads from the campaing?

Thanks,

Lukas 

- Lukas
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lukas Melichar
September 2015

Re: Search campaing - exclusion and cpc

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry for the confusion. RLSA is short for Remarketing List for Search Ads , meaning remarketing for Search.

Ok then, so let's say you have "Audience A" where all visitors type A who reached the shopping basket are added. 

In your regular search campaign you add this audience A in the Audiences tab except there is one more step to make, you change the targeting for that audience from "Target and bid" to "Bid" like below. If you have already added this audience, then click on the "+Remarketing" button and then on the Pencil button to the right, in the "Targeting" box.

how-to-set-bid-only-RLSA.png

This will allow traffic to all visitors and a different bid for visitors from the "Audience A" .

Next changing the bid adjustment . You can only set a general bid adjustment for the "audience A" so all your 0.45 $ bids will be increased by a certain percent. The closest percentual setting to get from 0.45 $ to 0.8 $ is +78% . The calculation is this 0.45 x 1.78 = 0.801

In the audiences Tab you have the column called "bid adj " . when you click on the row of the audience you get to change the bid adjustment such as below :

sample-bid-adjustment-for-RLSA-audience.png

All set, traffic will be allowed to regular visitors and to the ones from  "audience A" except that for the "audience A" keywords will have a much higher bid and Ads will be in a higher position.

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Congratulations for arriving at this advanced setup Smiley Happy

1) "So it will just exclude the list and other ppl which are searching for our product will be able to see it. "

Yes, nothing more needed, it the audience keeps having 1000 cookies it will work to exclude.

There is a strategy problem to understand here .

A more simple solution instead of creating a whole new remarketing campaign for search with the same keywords just for the remarketing audience is this : add the remarketing audience with the "bid" option in the search campaign (instead of "target and bid") and use the bid adjustment for the audience to bid 20-30% higher for the audience.

The effect is that for keyword1 , a new visitor will be having the bid1 and when he returns on keyword1 , because he is in the remarketing audience he will have the bid = 120% of bid1 and your Ad will appear in a higher position, drawing attention more quickly.

Of course if in the new Search remarketing Campaign you will use different keywords it makes sense to exclude the remarketing audience from the old search campaign.

2)  "In search campaing I wanna pay a bit more for ppl who already been to my shopping basket and othere parts of my webpage. How can I do it? "

When you navigate the the audience Tab in the search campaign , you can use a bid adjustment for each of the audiences to bid higher in a percentage.

3) "If I use targeting is search campaing for remarketing list, ppl which are not in the will be able to see ads from the campaing?"

No , if you add an audience in a search campaign with the option "target and bid" , the traffic will be restricted just to that audience and the keywords. To allow also other traffic, change the option for the audience to "bid".

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Can I bit more on users which has been to my shopping basket and still showing ads in search camping? Besed on poits 2 and 3. it looks I have to create 2 campaings?
- Lukas

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

If you want to use the same keywords and the same Ads, you can just add the audience for RLSA and change the default setting of "target and bid" to "bid.

In this setup using just your initial Search Campaign, traffic can be obtained from the audience (searching for search terms which match your keywords) and from any other random searcher.

If you want for remarketing different keywords, or different ads , you can create a new campaign, add the audience for RLSA and keep the default setting for "target and bid". In this setup only your audience is eligible to see Ads.

So for : "Can I bit more on users which has been to my shopping basket and still showing ads in search camping? "

I assume you are asking if you can bid more on the audience while still showing ads to general searchers who are not in the audience, in the same ad group.

Yes you can, you just add the audience (which has been to my shopping basket) and change the setting for it in "bid" and then select a bid adjustment to Increase bid by a percentage .

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Sorry I dont know what means RLSA and I am a bit confused by the answers Smiley Happy

eaxmple:

person A has been to my shopping basket

person has NOT been to my shopping basket.

now both are searching for KW healthy food

I wanna max. bit  for person A 0.80€ and for person B 0.45€

So wanna show them same Ads for same KW just wanna bit more for person A.

Thank you

- Lukas
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lukas Melichar
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry for the confusion. RLSA is short for Remarketing List for Search Ads , meaning remarketing for Search.

Ok then, so let's say you have "Audience A" where all visitors type A who reached the shopping basket are added. 

In your regular search campaign you add this audience A in the Audiences tab except there is one more step to make, you change the targeting for that audience from "Target and bid" to "Bid" like below. If you have already added this audience, then click on the "+Remarketing" button and then on the Pencil button to the right, in the "Targeting" box.

how-to-set-bid-only-RLSA.png

This will allow traffic to all visitors and a different bid for visitors from the "Audience A" .

Next changing the bid adjustment . You can only set a general bid adjustment for the "audience A" so all your 0.45 $ bids will be increased by a certain percent. The closest percentual setting to get from 0.45 $ to 0.8 $ is +78% . The calculation is this 0.45 x 1.78 = 0.801

In the audiences Tab you have the column called "bid adj " . when you click on the row of the audience you get to change the bid adjustment such as below :

sample-bid-adjustment-for-RLSA-audience.png

All set, traffic will be allowed to regular visitors and to the ones from  "audience A" except that for the "audience A" keywords will have a much higher bid and Ads will be in a higher position.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Thank you Adrina
- Lukas

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
one more question:
Can I do it on Campaign level or just AdGroup?
If I set it on AdGrop lever (I dont know how to set it on Campaig level)
will my Campaign exclusions still be able to exclude the audience?
- Lukas

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

You can set audiences in Search just at Ad Group level , because when you select the campaign, you are prompted to choose the Ad group first :

remarketing-search-campaign-level-.png

If you exclude the same "Audience A" from the entire campaign , remarketing in a single Ad Group targeted only at "Audience A" won't work and you will be prompted with this message because targeting and exclusion will cancel each other.

canceling-audiences-search.png

If you want to use Remarketing list for Search Ads in a single ad group you can add "Audience A" in an ad group and use Ad Group Exclusion to exclude "Audience A" from all the other Ad Groups, from the picture below highlighted with the blue rectangle. 

targeting-and-campaign-exclusions.png

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Is it possible to set remarketing for campaign (bit more for whole campaign in this case)? if yes I dont have other questins Smiley Happy

If is not and I have to use AdGroup:

examlpe:
if vistor was in shoping basket (adgropu remarketing) and also in thank you page (campaign exclusion). Will he be excluded?

- Lukas