AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Search and Display Remarketing List

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

I am running a Display campaign. Just want to confirm, will I be able to generate search remarketing list from my Display traffic or is it necessary to have a search campaign for this ?

Regards

Puneet

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Search and Display Remarketing List

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there.
Yes, you will. The addition of a user to a remarketing list does not depend on the source of that traffic (usually). Traffic from display ads is still traffic. They will indeed be added to your "all visitors" remarketing list and any additional lists based off that.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there.
Yes, you will. The addition of a user to a remarketing list does not depend on the source of that traffic (usually). Traffic from display ads is still traffic. They will indeed be added to your "all visitors" remarketing list and any additional lists based off that.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Puneet

In the Shared library, you'll see two remarketing list sizes: one for Google Search and one for the Display Network. These sizes can be significantly different because there are two different types of cookies used to create these lists. In addition, some remarketing lists are available for both Google Search and the Display Network, while others are available for the Display Network only.
A remarketing list for Google search ads needs to have a minimum number of 1000 cookies before the list can be used to tailor your search ads.
Kindly Explore the links:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2701222?hl=en
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454003?hl=en
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454064?hl=en

Thanks
Aritra Mukherjee

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Aritra M,
It was written in the article that sizes of Search and Display remarketing list can be significantly different because there are two different types of cookies. So, in case if I will have 10 visits on my site, it's not necessary that all of these will get added to my both remarketing lists ?
And if NOT, then on what basis Google updates the remarketing lists for Search & Display network.

Regards
Puneet

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@Puneet

For Display Network:
A remarketing list must have at least 100 active visitors within the last 30 days before you can show an ad to people on the list when they visit a Display Network site.

For Search Ads:
A remarketing list for Google search ads needs to have a minimum number of 1000 cookies before the list can be used to tailor your search ads

Note:There's no maximum limit to the number of visitors you can add to your list.If people visit multiple pages on your site containing remarketing tags, they can be added to more than one of your remarketing lists. When this happens, all the ads included in the remarketing campaigns for those lists are eligible to serve.

Thanks
Aritra Mukherjee

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Aritra M,

I have updated the remarketing tag on all the pages of the website and my tracking is for "All visitors", so in this case will all the traffic coming to my website will get updated in Search and Display both the lists ?

Regards
Puneet

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@Puneet
I guess you can apply your remarketing list to both of your Display and search campaigns,just that to use remarketing on the Display Network, select "Display Network only - Remarketing" as your campaign type & to use remarketing lists for search ads, select "Search Network only - All features" as your campaign type.

Note:The maximum membership duration is 540 days. For remarketing lists for search ads, the maximum membership duration is 180 days. If you set a duration longer than that, the cookie ID will be removed from the search remarketing list after 180 days.

Thanks
Aritra Mukherjee