AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Search Network with Display Select

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Experts!

I discovered today that I can upgrade to "Search Network with Display Select" for my accounts that already use Search & Display.  I am investigating the use of it but I have two quick questions.

In my account, almost all campaigns are separated between Search versus Display.  This was done both to improve the CTR/QS of the Search campaign and also to easily see the performance/cost of the two different types.

1) If I go with the "Search Network with Display Select" in my campaigns, I will now have display results intermingled with my search results, will my CTR/QS change as a result?

2) Will I be able to view my "pure" Search performance separately from the intermingled Display ads?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mike S
September 2015

Re: Search Network with Display Select

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

You might be surprised that I would say that, but if you have  already set a display campaign, and have gone through the complexity of targeting  the various audiences (on the display) - don't touch;

The search with display select is aimed mainly towards users who don't want  to get into the "complexity"  of a   display campaign setting, and audience targeting, or have some extra budget left in their search campaign.

You are familiar with display campaign settings, and have a dedicated budget for display. So, none of the above applies to you.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mike S
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

You might be surprised that I would say that, but if you have  already set a display campaign, and have gone through the complexity of targeting  the various audiences (on the display) - don't touch;

The search with display select is aimed mainly towards users who don't want  to get into the "complexity"  of a   display campaign setting, and audience targeting, or have some extra budget left in their search campaign.

You are familiar with display campaign settings, and have a dedicated budget for display. So, none of the above applies to you.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe,
Like Mike S. I have my campaigns split out for Display & Search. I tried to upload a new campaign and have it run as just Display but was only offered the "Search network with Display Select Setting." How do I set my campaign to strictly Display like it was set up in the past?

- Elisa

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
@Wall Street;
I don't think you could go back from "search and display select" to "display only";
You'll have to close this campaign, and open a new one; follow the instructions in the following link;
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2567043?hl=en