AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Search Network with Display Select - Different landing pages

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

Recently I have opted my campaign from search network only to "search network with Display Select". Now I am getting decent traffic & conversions from display network. Currently all users (search & display users) are landing on same page but I would like to use two different landing pages with in the same campaign is it possible?

Please let me know if there is any other option by passing dynamic urls?

Thanks,

Satya

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author satyasem
September 2015

Re: Search Network with Display Select - Different landing pages

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi, SatyaSem.

You might do the following:
- use the {network} valuetrack parameter in your destination URLs (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375447?hl=en)
- redirect upon landing, according to the traffic source.

If the click originates from the search network, redirect to the search landing page and viceversa.

However, as Neha already told you, you can also completely separate the search and display campaigns and then the landing page issue becomes trivial.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi SatyaSem,

I don't think there is anyway to do that. I am not sure about scripting and other methods. But I would like to suggest here, If you are getting decent conversions from display network and you have budget, Create a NEW display campaign. Run text and Image ads both to see more favorable results from display network.

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author satyasem
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi, SatyaSem.

You might do the following:
- use the {network} valuetrack parameter in your destination URLs (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375447?hl=en)
- redirect upon landing, according to the traffic source.

If the click originates from the search network, redirect to the search landing page and viceversa.

However, as Neha already told you, you can also completely separate the search and display campaigns and then the landing page issue becomes trivial.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Adwiser...

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Don't mention it. What option did you choose to go with?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello Satya; 

Another point to consider here;

SNDS is mainly aimed towards  the "residual budget"  (i.e. Advertisers with limited budgets who wish to allocate some portion for display, while still focusing on search).  If you are successful and happy with the conversions on display, and can  increase the budget, I would consider opening a separate campaign for display only.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’