AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Search Image Ads on Search Network Discontinued! No Announcement By Google on ANOTHER Major Change!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Search Image Ads on Search Network Discontinued! No Announcement By Google on ANOTHER Major Change!

Hi All,

Recently I had noticed that my Search Image Ads on the "Search Network" had stopped receiving impressions.

After posting here in the Adwords Community, I decided to contact Google Support (email).

I received a response that Search Image Ads on Search Network Discontinued!

I then contacted Google (by phone) to verify that this was in fact true. (Yes, in was verified as true).

Needless to say, I began inquiring about notification to users either in the blog, email or ANYWHERE and was told that they didn't announce or notify users...No Announcement By Google on ANOTHER Major Change!

The only way I found out was that my Image Ads on the Search network stopped.

I realize that Google can choose what services to offer but this is NOT a good way to conduct business and to treat users (paying customers)!

I could go on and on with a rant about the poor communications and poor customer notifications but I save that till others respond with their own thoughts and comments.

RPquest

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Search Image Ads on Search Network Discontinued! No Announcement By Google on ANOTHER Major Chan

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I have asked Google to comment; Let's wait

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Search Image Ads on Search Network Discontinued! No Announcement By Google on ANOTHER Major Chan

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

FWIW - The SEO folks have also noticed changes in Image Search ranking, I wonder if the two could be related?

http://www.seroundtable.com/google-image-search-ranking-15982.html

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Bump

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Any updates? Are image search ads really discontinued?