AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Search Funnel Benefits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What is Search Funnel and its benefits to increase conversion?

What are exactly assist clicks, assist impressions, assissted conversions and all others. How they will help me out to make conversion or CTR better.

Please help me on this.

Re: Search Funnel Benefits

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Sam,

I replied to a very similar question yesterday.  Perhaps my response to them will help you, too:

Let me know if that post answers your question.  If it's not what you were looking for, I'd be happy to continue this discussion with you.

All the best,

Joe

Re: Search Funnel Benefits

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi SamGenius,

altough Joe T anyour question and you should read: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=adwords+search+funnel+reports

let me explain it very simple:

1. First click analysis gives you the campaigns / adgroups / ads / keywords that were first clicked during a time period (usually 30 days, but it can be from 1 week to 90 days) witch ended with a conversion - IN SEARCH network.

2. Last click analysis gives you the campaigns / adgroups / ads / keywords that were last clicked after a time period (usually 30 days, but it can be from 1 week to 90 days) immediatily before a conversion - - IN SEARCH network

3. Assisted click analysis gives you the campaigns / adgroups / ads / keywords that were clicked during a time period (usually 30 days, but it can be from 1 week to 90 days) witch ended with a conversion, but are not First or Last click.

4. Assisted impressions analysis gives you the campaigns / adgroups / ads / keywords that were not clicked but ads were shown during a time period (usually 30 days, but it can be from 1 week to 90 days) between First and Last click.

It can be a problem if you focus only on last click optimization because than you can loose conversions. Usually a good way to optimize for conversions is to use first, assisted click and impression and last click reports to see what are the best contributors and don't exclude them from the campaign.
Be carefull: The best conversion keywords don't have to be the keywords with the best CTR!