AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Scripts: How to Retrieve Ad Name in Display Network

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi all,

I have multiple image ads in a campaign in the Display Network. I would like to retrieve the Ad name/title through scripts, but I see that there is no way to do that.

I can get the campaign name through ad.getCampaign().getName(); and the adgroup name through ad.getAdGroup().getName();

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the Adname as well?

Many thanks Smiley Happy

Best,

Shreyans

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shreyans J
April 2016

Re: Scripts: How to Retrieve Ad Name in Display Network

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Shreyans J.

For Display Ads, try the ImageCreativeName via AdWordsApp.​Report:

var adIterator = AdWordsApp.report("Select ImageCreativeName from AD_PERFORMANCE_REPORT WHERE AdType = 'TEMPLATE_AD');
// "TEMPLATE_AD" is for Display Ads var adRowIterator = adIterator.rows(); while (adRowIterator.hasNext()) { var adRow = adRowIterator.next(); Logger.log(adRow["ImageCreativeName"]); }

You can specify more conditions in the WHERE statement, such as campaign name, or  Status = ENABLED, etc. More info is here:
https://www.awql.me/adwords-awql-help/AD_PERFORMANCE_REPORT.

See if that works.

For other ad types, I think @Jon_Gritton method covers them.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Shreyans,

Let me ping @Jon_Gritton. He is our AdWords script expert and might drive you towards the right direction.

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
@pankaj1782 Thanks Pankaj!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Shreyans J (thanks @pankaj1782).  The 'name' shown for Image Ads on the Display Network actually resides in the Headline field of the Ad.  So to retrieve it you can use .getHeadline().

Let me know if this works for you.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Jon,

Thanks. Unfortunately, it doesn't work.

I forgot to clarify that the ads that I have are HTML 5 Display Ads in ZIP format (not Image ads as I had incorrectly written above). Could it be that it is not possible to use .getHeadline() for Dispaly Ads?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shreyans J
April 2016

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Shreyans J.

For Display Ads, try the ImageCreativeName via AdWordsApp.​Report:

var adIterator = AdWordsApp.report("Select ImageCreativeName from AD_PERFORMANCE_REPORT WHERE AdType = 'TEMPLATE_AD');
// "TEMPLATE_AD" is for Display Ads var adRowIterator = adIterator.rows(); while (adRowIterator.hasNext()) { var adRow = adRowIterator.next(); Logger.log(adRow["ImageCreativeName"]); }

You can specify more conditions in the WHERE statement, such as campaign name, or  Status = ENABLED, etc. More info is here:
https://www.awql.me/adwords-awql-help/AD_PERFORMANCE_REPORT.

See if that works.

For other ad types, I think @Jon_Gritton method covers them.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi @Arik

Many thanks for this solution. It works! I didn't know about the Ad Performance Report, but the link you sent me is awesome!

Thanks again Smiley Happy