AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Script to stop low search volume keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I am looking for a script that can help me to pause low search volume bulk keywords from different ad groups.

Please suggest me what to do,

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Abeerah R
September 2015

Re: Script to stop low search volume keywords

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

You can use a simple "Filter" button from the keywords tab with the "Status = Low search volume" and after this you can select them all and pause or delete them.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Don't spend time in creating any script as the solution suggested by Adrian is most common filter used to optimize keywords in certain scenario and needs.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

You can use a simple "Filter" button from the keywords tab with the "Status = Low search volume" and after this you can select them all and pause or delete them.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Don't spend time in creating any script as the solution suggested by Adrian is most common filter used to optimize keywords in certain scenario and needs.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Abeerah R,

I'm sure Adrian's suggestion will work for this task. Now I have to ask, "Why?"

Low Search Volume keywords do not affect your account, campaign or Ad group scores. There is no good reason to pause them unless you just want to get them off your reports.

Just curious,

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Script to stop low search volume keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

Pausing low search volume keywords may have a positive effect on your account performance. Especially if you use campaign-level separation between exact and broad keywords (example: 1 campaign with exacts, 1 campaigns for broads, all exact keywords as negatives to the broad campaign)

You can filter low search volume keywords by using SystemServingStatus variable from KEYWORD_PERFORMANCE_REPORT. See here: https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/appendix/reports/keywords-performance-report

Your Adwords script must look like:

var keywords = AdWordsApp.keywords()
                   .withCondition("SystemServingStatus = 'RARELY_SERVED'")
                   .get();

while(keywords.hasNext()) {
                   var keyword = keywords.next();
                   keyword.pause();
}