AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Script to Return accounts with voucher codes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I am trying to create an MCC script to return anything that will identify an account as having a voucher attached, basically the issue is that when my agents are creating new accounts they are supposed to add a voucher code but sometimes forget, I would like a script to run which returns accounts younger than 10 days that do not have a voucher code applied.

I have been searching for a while and nothing seems to come up regarding the voucher code however I was wondering if this isn't possible is there something that will return the balance of an account as I could maybe check for brackets which denotes a positive balance and would also mean a voucher had been applied.

Thanks for any help,

Mark

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Script to Return accounts with voucher codes

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Mark A unfortunately I'm not aware of any way to access any billing details for Accounts via scripts.

You can, of course, access all manner of stats; I'm wondering if you can simply check for impressions/clicks as an indicator that there are funds, although you will still have problems identifying new Accounts since there is no "account creation date" accessible.

What you could do is apply a Label to all new Accounts to solve the creation date problem.  Run a script every day to look for a specific Label format (e.g. "DC:21072015") - you can search Labels via a contained string so you can just look for "DC:" - and, if one doesn't exist, create it and apply it.

Not sure if this helps.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: Script to Return accounts with voucher codes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jon, I really appreciate your response.

Shame there is nothing that can access the billing information... maybe it will be an addition at some point. Good call on the creation date, perfect to create a label on accounts without labels beginning with a sub-string then check all labels with that sub-string for older than the 10 day requirement, now just to figure a work around for the voucher.... hmmmm.
Thanks again,

Mark