AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Script to Pause a Specific Campaign within an Account at a Max Cost

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there!

I'm looking for help creating a script which would pause a specific campaign within an account at a specific cutoff cost.

For reference, here is a rundown of my situation:

- Five campaigns running which have a total budget of $2,000 per month

- I need a script to cutoff each campaign at a specific spend

Thanks!

Brian

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Brian,

If you'd like to have the budget spread evenly across the month, you can try a variation of the Budget Management script found here:  https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/docs/solutions/flexible-budgets

You can allocate a % of overall budget to each campaign and each day. When you run your script, the budgets for each campaign will be reset based on total spend in the campaigns for the current month vs the total budget given.  

total budget available - spend so far = budget left for the month

budget left for the month is then divided up based on the % of budget each campaign is assigned.

As far as I know, there is no, turn off at this spend, type of setup.  You need something a little more clever than that.  Rules and scripts are limited in a sense of how often they can run, the gaps could cause you to overspend.

Hope this helps a little.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Another solution would be to set a rule to run daily. A script has the benefit of running hourly.

Another solution would be the set a shared budget for the group of campaigns you are referring to.