AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Save HTML5 ad in addition to Flash ad check box missing?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I Have been uploading flash ads I have created and there has been

a check box appears saying: "Save HTML5 ad in addition to Flash ad

I am not seeing this anymore... Any explanation to this??

Barry

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Save HTML5 ad in addition to Flash ad check box missing?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Barry,
My guess is, your flash banner uses other ActionScript than 2.0, but I might be wrong. Found some information here.

If you didn't create the files yourself and aren't sure about the "ingredients", you can always upload this to some banner test tool (for some reason I use the one made by AdForm) and know what could be wrong there. Hope this helps!

milda

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
the html5 option is usually there before I even upload, am using AC2.

Thanks for the link. Their max file size for ad word display is listed at 60kb , It is 150kb at this time I have uploaded over 100KB no problem

So I am wondering have you recently uploaded a flash file and seen the option for addtional html5 option?

Thanks for your help

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I tested it yesterday with a client's ad that had actionscript 2.0 and the option to convert to HTML5 was not available to me. I believe this feature may have become disabled with the current platform changes.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author 123M
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Robert,
I solved this when I realized that my ad was looped and because it was lopped it exceeded the 150kb limit.. so I stop() it after at the end uploaded it again and the option appeared
everything is alright..... Problem solved

thankyou for your response

Barry

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Barry, thanks for the reply. Glad to hear that it worked for you. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. With the ad that I tested there were no loops and the file size was a slim 12 KB. odd...

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I am having this issue. I see that on the image ad policy, here:
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176108#html5_ads_table
that "Only HTML5 ads created with Google Web Designer are supported." Is this why we are having this issue? Also, does anyone know when this new image ad policy was put in place? And are html 5 ads already active grandfathered (since they are still running)?