AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Same Text in Sitelink as in Ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

what is the policy of Google in regards to repeating parts of Ads in Sitelinks?

Example

Headline: Cars for Sale

D1 We have cars for sale.

D2 Best price guarantee!

Sitelink would be

Cars for sale

Best price guarantee

Would this be an issue?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Patrick K
September 2015

Re: Same Text in Sitelink as in Ad

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Patrick;

If "Best price guarantee" directs the user to a landing page that has a specific and clear content about your best prices, and "Cars for sale" directs the user to a landing page is about cars for sale (and not to a page about  the financing you can offer) - I think you should be fine;
Remember : no duplicate URLs in sitelinks;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

First, you are not allowed more than 25 characters per sitelink; I think you crossed this limit;
Each site link MUST direct to different content. The text should be clearly  be related to / reflect the content of the landing page.

Read the full sitelinks Policy;

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1054210?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe,

I am fully aware of the limitations, for arguments sake lets assume that they do redirect to specific content page, is below the 25 character limit etc.

The only thing I am concerned about is repeating my H,D1,D2 etc in the Sitelink text.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Patrick K
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Patrick;

If "Best price guarantee" directs the user to a landing page that has a specific and clear content about your best prices, and "Cars for sale" directs the user to a landing page is about cars for sale (and not to a page about  the financing you can offer) - I think you should be fine;
Remember : no duplicate URLs in sitelinks;

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Smiley Happy