AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Same Text in Sitelink as in Ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

what is the policy of Google in regards to repeating parts of Ads in Sitelinks?

Example

Headline: Cars for Sale

D1 We have cars for sale.

D2 Best price guarantee!

Sitelink would be

Cars for sale

Best price guarantee

Would this be an issue?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Patrick K
September 2015

Re: Same Text in Sitelink as in Ad

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Patrick;

If "Best price guarantee" directs the user to a landing page that has a specific and clear content about your best prices, and "Cars for sale" directs the user to a landing page is about cars for sale (and not to a page about  the financing you can offer) - I think you should be fine;
Remember : no duplicate URLs in sitelinks;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

First, you are not allowed more than 25 characters per sitelink; I think you crossed this limit;
Each site link MUST direct to different content. The text should be clearly  be related to / reflect the content of the landing page.

Read the full sitelinks Policy;

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1054210?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe,

I am fully aware of the limitations, for arguments sake lets assume that they do redirect to specific content page, is below the 25 character limit etc.

The only thing I am concerned about is repeating my H,D1,D2 etc in the Sitelink text.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Patrick K
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Patrick;

If "Best price guarantee" directs the user to a landing page that has a specific and clear content about your best prices, and "Cars for sale" directs the user to a landing page is about cars for sale (and not to a page about  the financing you can offer) - I think you should be fine;
Remember : no duplicate URLs in sitelinks;

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Smiley Happy