AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Same Keywords in Different Campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to Target generic Keywords for Two of my Ads, because of the unavailability of the specific keywords. therefore can i create two ad groups with two different ads but with the same Keywords or should i create two different campaigns with two diffrent ads with the same keywords.

eg: 'Service Special Offer for Senoir Citizens' and 'Service Special Offer for Veterans'. there No Specific keywords for for the individual groups. therefore i want to target, keywords such as 'Service special offers', 'service discounts' etc. for both groups. therefore should i create two different ad groups or two different camapigns.

Please advice!!!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Same Keywords in Different Campaigns

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Dilhara,

As for my understanding you can go with two adgroups within one campaign, So yes both of yours ads should be displayed using that way.

However using a generic keyword like 'Service special offers' wouldn't be much useful for your campaign, According to your explanation lets say you doing a campaign about 'Service Special Offer for Senoir Citizens' , to promote that using a generic term like 'Service special offers' can attract so many unwanted audience who looking for various kind of special offers.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dilhara P,

Welcome to the community..
Nisal is absolutely right.You can create two different ad groups within a single campaign. When you are targeting generic keywords then try to add negative keywords as much as possible & create your ad copy more specific to avoid irrelevant clicks.

When you'r target market is too niche in Search Network then you should also go for Display Network where you can target specific Age group of people & Re-marketing can be also helpful for your service

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

The previous posts are correct. Using the same keywords in more than one Ad Group will not allow your ads to serve to both audiences. The program will select one of each keyword and most of the traffic will be served there. The same will happen if you try to put the same keyword in two different campaigns--only one will trigger ads (98% of the time).

The program is not psychic. It cannot read your mind and know that you wanted Ad Group A ads to be triggered for veterans and Ad Group B ads to be triggered for seniors. It only know what you tell it--if your keywords do not use these identifiers, the program won't know them.

What you are advertising is your service. The audience/customer you are trying to appeal to is seniors and/or veteransThere are two ways to advertise your product to a specific search audience--through the use of keywords and through your ad text. 

What matters is how people search when they are looking for your service. You need to use keywords that match the way searchers think of your service--what words they use when they search for it online. 

If you have reason to think that potential customers will enter search terms identifying themselves as seniors or veterans when they search, then using these modifiers in your keywords is a good strategy.

If not, you need to offer ads that mention service special offers for seniors and veterans and be prepared to see your ads triggered on a lot of searches that were not done by either seniors or veterans--if other audiences are searching for your service, then your ad could be triggered for a lot of those searches.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Dilhara,

I completely agree with what my friends are saying here. You have to be very careful, if you are going with generic keywords. Hence, it is advisable to use negative keywords to avoid unwanted traffic. This negativity would also impact your landing page bounce rate. I would also suggest if you could target different keywords within your ads.

As per Google: Note that it's a good practice to avoid having duplicate keywords in your account as Google shows only one ad per advertiser on a particular keyword. 

I hope this helps.

Kapil M