AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Same IP hosting for same keywords, will it show?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Let's assume there's 2 different websites (www. aaaaa.com and www. bbbbbb.com) with the same hosting, and both their IP are 123.45.56.67, and both have their own individual Adwords accounts. 

Is it possible for both of them to appear on the same page for the same keywords for Adwords? (Example both are bidding for "dog training")
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Same IP hosting for same keywords, will it show?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

The key question is whether the AdWords Accounts are owned by the same legal entity and that applies whether it's the same IP, same server, same host, whatever.  The spirit of the Policy is that the same company can't advertise the same products more than once per auction.

Can you shed some more light on the situation?  Are you the product seller or the host?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Alvinn and welcome to the forum.   Good question!  I think the only likely problem here would be if Google considered this to be a case of double-serving.  The same legal entity (company or individual) is not usually allowed to run more than one account for the same product or service.  There are exceptions to this but if, as in your example, both were for dog training, there would be a strong suspicion of double-serving.

Of course the possibility does remain that two entirely separate companies, both dog trainers, would happen to end up with the same web host, and have their domains on the same IP and advertise in the same region, at the same times and if Google were happy there was no double-serving I guess the Ads would both show.

Policy on Double-Serving

Jon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,

Thanks for the reply!

Both will be totally different looking, but serving the same purpose. Like selling dog training products. Will that cause any sort of issues?

Come to think of it, if there was any, shared hosting will be in deep trouble! Hopefully there isnt?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

The key question is whether the AdWords Accounts are owned by the same legal entity and that applies whether it's the same IP, same server, same host, whatever.  The spirit of the Policy is that the same company can't advertise the same products more than once per auction.

Can you shed some more light on the situation?  Are you the product seller or the host?

Jon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I have a MCC managing clients, and they all from the same niche, and selling almost the same products. I am also the web hoster for them, so their IPs are the same. What'll happen in this scenario?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi alvinn, same answer as before, if they're all separate, distinct legal entities running separate, distinct companies/ businesses then there shouldn't be a problem.  You're getting a bit obsessed with the hosting/IP addresses and they're really not important.  If Google has any reason to suspect there is double-serving going on, the hosting/IP may be "circumstantial evidence" I guess, but on its own it's not an issue.

In your situation I'd be more concerned about how I'd offer a fair service to all my AdWords customers; very difficult if they're all in the same market and advertising online.  Impossible, I'd say.

I've not been in this situation, but if I ever had two clients who looked like they may compete directly with each other, I'd turn one down.

Jon