AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Same Campaign, Different Time Zones?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a generic campaign that I want to run in the US, UK and Australia, but only run on weekdays from 7am-7pm in each time zone.

Is there a way I can easily run the one campaign over 4 US time zones, 3 Australian time zones and GMT all at once?

Or do I have to set up duplicate campaigns for each individual region with their own individual time restrictions? Seems like a lot of work for what could be a simple tick box...?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Same Campaign, Different Time Zones?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Strato,

The issue comes down to you want to target 3 different areas and you don't want to target the other two to be "On" when it is not the right time.

Only way to make sure that you are 7-7 in US and not show in the odd times for UK and AU and all the other combinations of those variable is to set up 3 separate campaigns.

Otherwise each target area would show ads in the different locations at times you don't want them to show.

Also makes for better budget allocation and easily see what is working and what is not when you break those into separate campaigns.

Also remember the TIME ZONE off your account ( Under Settings/ Preferences) is what the Ad schedule time goes by. So if it is 1 PM in your times zone based on the Account time zone, then you have to adjust the different time zones as they are compared to your account time zone.

Example The Account time zone is USA EST, then 1 PM EST is 10 AM PST (Californian) 7PM (UK) and whatever AUS - but you would be offsetting each group based on the Account time ZONE Setting.

The copy and paste function of a campaign is pretty easy, if the only thing you want or need to change is the settings. Just copy campaign ONE and past as a new campaign, Adjust the target and the ad schedule. Repeat for the next are. Only takes a few minutes.

Re: Same Campaign, Different Time Zones?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Strato,

To be honest, even if there were an option in AdWords to adjust schedules automatically for Time Zones, I'd still recommend using separate Campaigns because you're targeting very different areas and the Campaigns are likely to perform differently and will have different spellings, common terms and will respond to different CTAs.  The UK and Australia are obviously different from the US, but even within the US there can be substantial performance differences between the west and east coasts and I always split my US Campaigns by time zone to allow for more precise tuning.  For some Accounts/Campaigns I even split by State (although I tend to try and group like-performing States together).  Mobile usage in particular can vary dramatically by location, so you'd want to be able to control your bid adjustments here.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I agree that you should setup separate campaigns per location, however places like the US and Canada have 3 time zone with 3 hours difference.  Facebook fixed this problem the proper way.  The user is shown the ad based on his timezone, so much easier...  I hope Google intends to do the same. 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.