AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

SET UP AD CAMPAIGN PROBLEM

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I am a Noob and I'm trying to set up my campaign for adwords. I have filled out all the relevant info, and I keep getting an error when I'm trying to save my selections saying:

CANNOT SET DATE TO THE PAST.

I am also unsure what format to choose when entering my phone number as I keep getting an invalid phone number message also. I am from Australia if this helps.

Cheers.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: SET UP AD CAMPAIGN PROBLEM

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey WriteMyLetter

As far as the "past date" error issue is concerned, it appears when in the campaign advanced settings (at the bottom of the campaign settings page) under the schedule heading you try setting an end date to the campaign before the current date of your account.

Just locate this camapign end date option and check the option "none".

Let me know it it works.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi WriteMyLetter,

You say you're trying to set up a campaign which indicates you have an active account. On the other hand you talk about phone # which makes me think you're in the process of creating the account.

So which is true? Could you specify the problem unambiguously?

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

Ok, so I've set up an account, and I am currently in the screen which is for "Setting Up a Campaign" for Adwords. I have selected options such as: target area/location, type of campaign etc, and when I press save, I get an error that says:

CANNOT SET DATE TO THE PAST.

It then asks me to correct the errors however, besides the phone number (which I'm not too fussed about), I can't see any highlighted errors on the form.

Is that more clear now?

Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Also, there are no questions on the form which ask me to specify or set a date!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey WriteMyLetter

As far as the "past date" error issue is concerned, it appears when in the campaign advanced settings (at the bottom of the campaign settings page) under the schedule heading you try setting an end date to the campaign before the current date of your account.

Just locate this camapign end date option and check the option "none".

Let me know it it works.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Where are you entering the phone number??..In the call extensions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i too have the same problem. There is no option to change date etc. in the form. Trying Search network only with Standard keyword targeting and site links.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey there, i was having the same problem. The reason you don't see the campaign advanced settings is because in the top section where you select "type" it is set to standard. Change this to all features and then you will see the campaign advanced settings at the bottom of the page where u will see Schedule: Start date, end date..