AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

SEM Strategy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

Please I have a client ( B to B website selling security cameras ) I propose to him 2 campaigns :

Search network only

Display with keywords & Topics + Remarketing

What do u think guys the best method to advertise such B to B websites on Adwords ? Which Bid strategy we can go for it ?

Thanks

3 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zineb K
September 2015

Re: SEM Strategy

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Zineb,

I would suggest separating remarketing into a separate campaign.

As Nisal mentioned, the performance of the contextual and search campaign will depend heavily upon kw selection but i think both are good suggestions for your client.

A couple other things to think about:
- Do they have a mobile app?
- Do they make many sales over the phone?
- is the site ecomm?
- Do they have mobile optimized landing pages?
- What locations are they targeting?

Answers to the questions above will help us to give more specific suggestions.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Zineb,

Could you elaborate as to what issues you are facing with the Keyword Planner?

In the meanwhile, I would suggest you use the planner and look for all possible variations of the security camera related keywords. The theme you are targeting is very generic in nature and you should see a lot of keywords related to your theme with a lot of search volumes.

Just make sure you choose your location correctly in the planner. Along with this, I would suggest you make a good search campaigns structure with closely related keywords in one adgroup, i.e. for example - the keywords related to 'cost of cctv camera' & 'cctv camera cost' will all go under one adgroup 'CCTV Camera Cost' & keywords like 'night vision camera' & 'cctv night vision camera' will go under 'NIght Vision Cameras'.

You could do a further bifurcation and split the adgroup as much as possible and create relevant ads for each adgroup so as to maintain relevancy. This way you can also ensure you take the users to specific product pages on your website.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi

The two "channels" you have choose here is fine, but this not a strategy just the channels, Your success on this two medium will depend on the keywords u choose with suitable ad texts and banners. It is not a simple question answer what are the best keywords or banners which go for such scenario, and surely you will need to do some extensive research if you need to success
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Zineb,

I would suggest separating remarketing into a separate campaign.

As Nisal mentioned, the performance of the contextual and search campaign will depend heavily upon kw selection but i think both are good suggestions for your client.

A couple other things to think about:
- Do they have a mobile app?
- Do they make many sales over the phone?
- is the site ecomm?
- Do they have mobile optimized landing pages?
- What locations are they targeting?

Answers to the questions above will help us to give more specific suggestions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks guys,

well, th website is not ecommerce & dont have Mobile apps or mobile landing page.

I proposed to him the Display targeting he seems not interested Smiley Sad so he will go only for search, but sometimes on the Keyword planner not updated :s
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Zineb,

Could you elaborate as to what issues you are facing with the Keyword Planner?

In the meanwhile, I would suggest you use the planner and look for all possible variations of the security camera related keywords. The theme you are targeting is very generic in nature and you should see a lot of keywords related to your theme with a lot of search volumes.

Just make sure you choose your location correctly in the planner. Along with this, I would suggest you make a good search campaigns structure with closely related keywords in one adgroup, i.e. for example - the keywords related to 'cost of cctv camera' & 'cctv camera cost' will all go under one adgroup 'CCTV Camera Cost' & keywords like 'night vision camera' & 'cctv night vision camera' will go under 'NIght Vision Cameras'.

You could do a further bifurcation and split the adgroup as much as possible and create relevant ads for each adgroup so as to maintain relevancy. This way you can also ensure you take the users to specific product pages on your website.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Your Welcome Zineb!

Do let us know how you proceed on this.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Ask him what he considers a success metric, is it phone calls and/or clicks to his website? The business is a local business without ecommerce, so get him verified on Google's business directory, get his ads on local websites such as newspapers and target well so that he can see it himself. That will build the first trust with your client.

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question.

This will improve the visibility of any follow-on questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

Thanks you.