AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Running schedule ads on specific days (ad group level)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I’m new to community and novice in AdWords. I want to schedule my ads (in an Ad-Group level) by days. For example: I want them to run from Monday to Wednesday, stop on Thursday, run on Friday and stop again on Saturday and Sunday. I wanted to create an automatic ads rule pausing them let’s say on Sunday. When I create the rule (on Thursday) and looked at the preview results it says “New Status (if run now) – paused” even due today is only Thursday.

And a related question – after running the paused rule do I need to run an enable rule for the next day to jump start the ads again?

Thanks in advance, Ami 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Running schedule ads on specific days (ad group level)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi - and welcome to the Community.

Ad scheduling is controlled at the campaign level - if you want to have different scheduling for different ad groups, then the simplest way to achieve this would be to duplicate your campaigns and have those ad groups you want to run on the same schedule in the same campaign - if all ad groups need their own scheduling then you'll need to put each ad group in its own campaign.

This task may be best handled using AdWords Editor, but with the new copy/paste feature in the interface it could just as easily be done live....

If you are looking to schedule so that you can bid higher on certain days, however, this can be done within the same schedule by increasing or decreasing the bids for specific days.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Steve, Thanks for your answer
I know the "right" way is scheduling ads in the campaign level. but i don't want to duplicate campaigns if possible. can I do it in the automated rules in the ad group level (starting and ending rules)?

Thanks, Ami

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

Yes, if you run a rule that pauses something, you have to run a different rule when you want it to resume. Otherwise, it will stay paused.

If you want all of your Ad Groups paused and then reactivated on the same days, then there's no reason not to use Campaign-level Ad Scheduling.

If you want these paused and then resumed on different days, that's more of a problem. It does not seem to be possible to set up automated rules for this activity at the Ad Group level--day of the week is not one of the options offered.

Aside from that, you might look into scripts. I know that writing your own automated scripts gives you a lot more freedom over how you can handle tasks like this.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ami S
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

It is possible to use automatic rules. Day of the week is an available option in "Pause Ad Groups when" as soon as we select from "Frequency = Weekly" you get to choose what day and what hour. You do not need scripts for this. However you can only set 100 automated rules to run in the account and for this task of pause-resume twice a week you will use 4 of them.

Regarding the preview, it only checks if your "Requirement" is TRUE when you click the preview, not against your time-constraint. So if the requirement is True when the rule is triggered on thursday, it will pause the Ad Groups. My favourite "always true" requirement is Max CPC >0.

Please view picture bellow for the setup suggestion that I made :

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5kXqO3eH9vJSkNObUhrSTExbUU/edit?usp=sharing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks All,
it's reassuring to know that the preview is only to check the requirements. I think the phrasing is lacking

Ami

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
My ads are approved but not showing in Google. I want the reason?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jecson K,

Welcome

I will request you to repost your query in a new thread. This thread is already discussed & closed.Kindly open a new thread for you query,so that other community member can help you.