AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Running both Dynamic and Traditional Remarketing Campaigns Together

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

Currently I am running both a traditional remarketing campaign and a dynamic remarketing campaign. While both campaigns seem to be doing fairly well, the dynamic campaign is performing a bit more efficiently. My question here is, is it worth while to have both campaigns running or should I just be sticking to dynamic instead of splitting up my budget. Does anyone have any experience doing one or the other? Any help would be awesome!

Thanks, 

Casey

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Celebird (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Running both Dynamic and Traditional Remarketing Campaigns Togethe

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Dynamic remarketing does perform better than static if it's properly setup. If that's the case I would definitely stop the static campaign and go with dynamic only.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

base the decision on the data and business-goals.

generally, traditional-remarketing drives more traffic -- while
revenue from advertising is better with dynamic-remarketing;
verify this notion against actual accumulated data.

however, both revenue and traffic (e.g. conversion-rates and brand-awareness)
would likely need to be approximately equal business-goals to keep both campaigns --
a business may be focused on one goal over the other during different time frames.

consider optimizing the campaigns and lists if
both goals are wanted despite the current data --

actionable data may take awhile to accumulate.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hello, Casey.

Apart from Celebird's advice, I'd like to add this: assisted conversions. Have a look at the click-assisted conversion value and the impression-assisted conversion value. Also, have a look at Multi Channel Funnels to see assists in Google Analytics (I hope you are running Google Analytics as well).

Otherwise you may find out in a bit of time that you've just killed the apparently useless salmon (traditional remarketing) that was feeding the bear (the dynamic remarketing campaign).

These days the journey to conversion is pretty long and convoluted and involves many touch points. The one thing you don't want to do is to perturb the balance of your ecosystem by removing an apparently useless link.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Celebird (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Dynamic remarketing does perform better than static if it's properly setup. If that's the case I would definitely stop the static campaign and go with dynamic only.