AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Running Experiment with same keyword but getting different bid suggestions

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm running an experiment that is testing the difference in bid adjustment in certain locations, but the question that I'm running into is that I have two of the exact same keywords, same match type, same ads and adgroups - The keyword in the experiment has a first page suggested bid of $4, and has a QS of 7.  The keyword in the original campaign (which is still running) has a first page suggested minimum bid of $15 and has a QS of 8?  Why is there such a large difference in the suggested bids for the exact same word? 

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark D
April

Running Experiment with same geyword but getting different bid suggestions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This "first page bid estimate" has a huge margin of error. I would test myself, and ignore the suggested bid.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Different locations?  Different geographies can have varying costs.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The same locations are targeted, but with different bid adjustments. So for example they both target California, but the original campaign has 0% bid adjustment and the experiment is running a 25% bid increase adjustment.  Do the suggested bids take into account bid adjustments? 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

The first bid estimate is the actual  price you would pay.  (What method or strategy used to set it is irrelevant to the  value)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’