AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Running ACE and normal campaign for same TG

Rising Star
# 1
Rising Star

Hi Guys,

Need your advice on this.

I want to push two offers in same TG and need to have two campaigns for this. Assuming these two campaigns will have same keywords what is your advice to make those keywords not compete each other?

What I was thinking is making one ACE campaign and one normal one and using 100% control keywords in one and 100% experiment keywords in one and test these two offers. By doing this will these keywords compete among each other?

Thanks in advance for your time Smiley Happy 

4 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nisal L
September 2015

Re: Running ACE and normal campaign for same TG

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Nisal,

If you run two campaigns-- one with ACE and one with Normal. They will compete to each other as both campaigns behave in different ways. ACE does not work at campaigns level. AdWords consider two independent campaigns and both try to serve the ads at same time in SERP and one ads with the higher ad rank will win the ad auctions, so result of testing the Two offers are misleading

So it's better create one campaign and write two different ads for two different offers and either set rotate evenly or create ACE at ads level with 50% experiment and 50% control.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Nisal,

Sorry if it is very obvious, but could you explain what's 'same TG'? Firstly, are these offers related to the same website and have common keywords as they are for similar products? Are there two separate landing pages for these offers?\

- Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Sumanth,

Sorry I meant target market by TG, And this is same service but two offers in two different landing pages with same keywords

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Nisal,

When you say that you want to push two offers, do you mean two different ads? Couldn't you set up two different ads to rotate evenly all within the same ad group?

Best,
Amy
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nisal L
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Nisal,

If you run two campaigns-- one with ACE and one with Normal. They will compete to each other as both campaigns behave in different ways. ACE does not work at campaigns level. AdWords consider two independent campaigns and both try to serve the ads at same time in SERP and one ads with the higher ad rank will win the ad auctions, so result of testing the Two offers are misleading

So it's better create one campaign and write two different ads for two different offers and either set rotate evenly or create ACE at ads level with 50% experiment and 50% control.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
+1 to Rakesh's suggestion. Creating two campaigns would certainly make them compete. Ad rotation or ACE within the same ad group work split the traffic evenly, so that you can compare results later.

Cheers
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Thanks guys for the replies

Amy and Rakesh

I know adding two ad copies and setting rotation to evenly would be the easiest and ideal option if i need to see how two ads will work. But that is not my only requirement here. Let me explain bit more.

Lets say I have a an account with that provide services in different properties and few of these properties need to bring some new offers while having existing offers as well. But for reporting purposes and some other budget concerns I need to have this two as two separate campaigns. That's my main requirement. So my question is If I'm having same target market for same property and two different offers, can i set up two campaigns using ACE ( Or I'm upon for any other suggestion) that wont compete each other in the auction?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Nisal,

If I understood correctly here, you can only run the similar keywords within your account with different audiences if your target regions are different and you have separate campaign with those different regions. Otherwise, only single ad is going to trigger from the single keyword per account and that too will depend upon which one wins the ad auction as Rakesh pointed correctly above.

ACEs are the suitable ways to perform some sort of experimentation if you want and would split the experiment depending upon how you have distributed the experimental bids and real bids. That's more of a statistical analysis of performing some experiment and then coming to a conclusion whether to use it or ignore it.

I would suggest if it is possible for you to shortlist the keywords based on what specific offers you want to showcase that could correlate with your ads and your landing page so that you are not messed up and confused while making account decisions.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star
Thanks Pankaj for the advice!