AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Run one ad seasonally and connect one ad to specific keywords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I manage the AdWords account for a synagogue. I created an ad for High Holy Days (Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur). I want the ad to run from now until the end of the High Holy Days season and then to stop running. How can I put a date range on display of a specific advertisement?

A related question: How can I connect display of this particular ad to some but not all of my keywords? I want keywords "High Holy Days" to see this ad and not our other ads. How is this done?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Run one ad seasonally and connect one ad to specific keywords?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Check  the following link to set an "end date" for your campaign;

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404203

As for your second question (If I got it correctly):

Similar keywords will compete among each other; In general, (but with many exceptions), the keyword with higher ad-rank OR the KW  with more restrictive match type  triggers the ad,

Inserted of getting into "theoretical calculations" about which keyword would trigger the ad, if several keywords match the search query? - my advice: avoid similar keywords in different ad-groups.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't want to put an end date on my campaign, just on the display of an advertisement that is part of the campaign. We have one ad that is general and another that is specific to the holiday. I want the holiday ad to have a start and end date.

Or maybe I must make a new campaign for the holidays that is separate from our general campaign?

As for the second question, I have only one ad-group with many keywords.

Thanks,

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;  
The end date is set at the campaign level; So, if you want to put an end date to the display campaign you will need to set a separate display network campaign (This is a recommended practice anyway of separating display and search campaigns);

As for the second part: if you have similar keywords in the same ad-group the same "rule" ( I explained in my first reply)  applies: the KW with more restrictive match type OR the one with the higher ad-rank will win. Thus, the best practice, is to bid higher on a more restrictive  match  type (i.e exact match ), and lower on broad match.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok, I will make a new campaign and re-assign ads and keywords to each in a logical way.

Thank you!