AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Run ads on a specific user's videos on YouTube

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello. I'd like to run ads only on a specific user's videos on YouTube (Cinemark). Is there an option to set this up in AdWords? If so, how would I set this up?

I want to avoid contextual targeting, if possible, because YouTube might put my ads on videos about Cinemark that aren't necessarily Cinemark videos.

Thanks!

Sabrina

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Run ads on a specific user's videos on YouTube

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, add that videos url as a managed placement.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for addressing my issue. When I add this video's URL in AdWords Editor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7JozJWpjFY&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLA4B96731F6CCB31A), I get the messages:

Warning:This placement's URL appears to be invalid or malformed. Please consider editing the placement URL before posting.

Error:Invalid placement URL. To post the placemnt, please edit the URL.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Interesting. It looks like AdWords system changed the rules by which placements are validated, and no one told us. Editor is enforcing older rules, where a URL like that was not allowed. I'll look into this.

At the moment, you will have to add placements like this via the online interface, I'm sorry to say.

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
I take this back. The URL you show is working for me in Editor. Could you show a screenshot of Editor with the placement URL and the error message visible?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Igor,

I entered the URLs of the videos I wanted my ads to appear on in the Placement and Destination URL fields in AdWords Editor and was able to post them.

The problem is, when I play the videos, I don't see my ad show up. Do you know why my ads won't show on the videos? The ads have been approved by Google.

Thanks!

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee
Well, I must admit I don't know anything about whether such a placement would actually work for targeting ads. My concern is that Editor should allow creating everything that the online interface allows creating; I have only a vague understanding of what happens to all that data afterwards.

I'm sorry I couldn't help you further. Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable will chime in.