AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Robots taking over?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am new to this industry and over the weekend read a few articles in regards to technology taking over large areas of a ppcer's role.

Does anyone have any input on how this could potentially effect the future job market for us digital marketers? Can we expect a total takeover by robots in the future?

Thanks,

Ian

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ian T
March 2016

Re: Robots taking over?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ian,

Show me a bot that can develop intelligent strategies with clients and write ad copy, then we'll have something to discuss. Smiley Happy

Automation has and will continue to be a big part of managing PPC accounts at scale. There are many tasks that can, and in many cases, should be automated, especially when there is no real need for human interaction or processing. But, I feel like we're not even close to a point where automation can handle 100% of what is needed to manage an account.

Here's a great example for you - use the Keyword Planner and search for some keyword lists - any topic you want. Then review the list and decide if we should be trusting machines to create accounts for us. My guess is you'll find many examples of keywords that you would NOT want to use - they could even be prime candidates for negative keywords.

My suggestion, always keep up with the latest and greatest. The digital advertising landscape is always changing, the second you stop learning, or seeking new information is when you'll start on a path toward becoming obsolete. Keep up with the latest trends, expand your capabilities and you'll be fine.

My couple of cents.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ian T
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ian,

Show me a bot that can develop intelligent strategies with clients and write ad copy, then we'll have something to discuss. Smiley Happy

Automation has and will continue to be a big part of managing PPC accounts at scale. There are many tasks that can, and in many cases, should be automated, especially when there is no real need for human interaction or processing. But, I feel like we're not even close to a point where automation can handle 100% of what is needed to manage an account.

Here's a great example for you - use the Keyword Planner and search for some keyword lists - any topic you want. Then review the list and decide if we should be trusting machines to create accounts for us. My guess is you'll find many examples of keywords that you would NOT want to use - they could even be prime candidates for negative keywords.

My suggestion, always keep up with the latest and greatest. The digital advertising landscape is always changing, the second you stop learning, or seeking new information is when you'll start on a path toward becoming obsolete. Keep up with the latest trends, expand your capabilities and you'll be fine.

My couple of cents.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Tommy,

Your always a big help, thanks alot.

Ian