AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Rmarketing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

difference  between Analytics remarketing and dynamic remarketing  code? can i use one or both code in my footer page ?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Rmarketing

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Shilpi,

Thank you for posting on our Community forum. In anwser to your two questions,

• What is the different between Analytics remarketing and dynamic remarketing code?

This is a question has been posted to the Community on more than one occasion. Fortunately we've had a good response from some of our more experienced Community members. In this thread, one of our Top Contributor "Cobnuts" posted a good description between the two codes (see below). 

Hi Nika, great question.  The primary differences are as follows:

1.  AdWords only collects data on previous visitors who clicked an Ad, Analytics collects data on all visitors, regardless of their source.

2.  AdWords lists can only be customised based upon pages visited and/or where the tag is triggered, Analytics lists can be built from Analytics metrics such as Average Time on Site or Pages Visited, etc.

3.  AdWords lists can be used for Search or Display remarketing whereas (at the moment) Analytics lists can only be used on the Display network.

Which you use depends upon the business needs although I'd say in most cases Analytics lists are more useful as they can include all visitors, not just those that came from AdWords in the first place.  They can also be formed from more interesting metrics rather than simply a tag trigger.

• For your next question, you asked: "Can I use one or both code in my footer page?' 

You can certainly use both codes on the same footer page. Just keep in mind the differences described in the anwser from the previous question. Depending on your AdWords campaign goal, data from each can be helpful in how your trying to run your remarketing campaign.

I hope this information is helpful in answering your questions.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Shilpi,

Thank you for posting on our Community forum. In anwser to your two questions,

• What is the different between Analytics remarketing and dynamic remarketing code?

This is a question has been posted to the Community on more than one occasion. Fortunately we've had a good response from some of our more experienced Community members. In this thread, one of our Top Contributor "Cobnuts" posted a good description between the two codes (see below). 

Hi Nika, great question.  The primary differences are as follows:

1.  AdWords only collects data on previous visitors who clicked an Ad, Analytics collects data on all visitors, regardless of their source.

2.  AdWords lists can only be customised based upon pages visited and/or where the tag is triggered, Analytics lists can be built from Analytics metrics such as Average Time on Site or Pages Visited, etc.

3.  AdWords lists can be used for Search or Display remarketing whereas (at the moment) Analytics lists can only be used on the Display network.

Which you use depends upon the business needs although I'd say in most cases Analytics lists are more useful as they can include all visitors, not just those that came from AdWords in the first place.  They can also be formed from more interesting metrics rather than simply a tag trigger.

• For your next question, you asked: "Can I use one or both code in my footer page?' 

You can certainly use both codes on the same footer page. Just keep in mind the differences described in the anwser from the previous question. Depending on your AdWords campaign goal, data from each can be helpful in how your trying to run your remarketing campaign.

I hope this information is helpful in answering your questions.

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
Hey John,

The your first statement is incorrect:
"1. AdWords only collects data on previous visitors who clicked an Ad, Analytics collects data on all visitors, regardless of their source."

The AdWords remarketing tag collects data regardless of wether users previously clicked on an ad or not, just like the Google Analytics tag.