AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Right way of Set Up Remarketing List (RLSA)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear All,

I have a question about which is the right way to set up RLSA? Create a new "Search Network only" campaign, or select an existing search campaign and ad group ?

On 13th.Feb, I set up the RLSA under the existing brand campaign (search), my goal was to reach those audience who is strongly interesting our brand -- visit our website and search it again. 

But after 13th. the impression, click and spending of the brand campaign was decreased significantly. I guess maybe the campaign is just for RLSA now, so the impression is far less than previous performance, right?

So if I want to set up RLSA for search brand campaign , do I need to create a new brand campaign for RLSA? 

Thank you

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wong S
September 2015

Re: Right way of Set Up Remarketing List (RLSA)

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Wong,

As RLSA supports Ad Group level targeting you can set it up both ways - either by creating a new campaign and ad group or by creating a new ad group in your existing search network only campaign. 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2701222?hl=en

Having said that, I prefer creating a separate campaign for re-marketing, it allows me to keep the budget separate and at the same makes it easy for me to keep things organized. 

If you take my advice, I would advise you to create a separate campaign for RLSA. However, it should not have direct impact on the performance.

You saw a drop, may be because you changed the targeting to RLSA for all your ad groups in your campaign. You could have created a new ad group and then could have used it as RLSA. 

Changing the main adgroup itself to RLSA, you stopped getting new people to the list and thus saw a drop, which is quite natural. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wong S
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Wong,

As RLSA supports Ad Group level targeting you can set it up both ways - either by creating a new campaign and ad group or by creating a new ad group in your existing search network only campaign. 

Having said that, I prefer creating a separate campaign for re-marketing, it allows me to keep the budget separate and at the same makes it easy for me to keep things organized. 

If you take my advice, I would advise you to create a separate campaign for RLSA. However, it should not have direct impact on the performance.

You saw a drop, may be because you changed the targeting to RLSA for all your ad groups in your campaign. You could have created a new ad group and then could have used it as RLSA. 

Changing the main adgroup itself to RLSA, you stopped getting new people to the list and thus saw a drop, which is quite natural. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
My preference is to set a separate / new RLSA campaign.
For reporting and campaign performance analysis, I find this to be a better approach;
Read more:
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you @Ratan Jha, so I will separate a new campaign for remarketing list.
do you think I could just copy a search brand campaign for RLSA? then set a different budget and biding price. is it ok?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
You could. Make sure you link it to the RLSA list. (In the shared library)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’