AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Retargeting, then Sending Off to Another Website?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey everyone

1) Is it a policy violation to cookie a visitor (i.e. build an audience), but have them sent off to another website on retargeting ads?

Ex. I own abc.com... when people come to my website, i build my audience there. When I launch retargeting ads, I send them off to XYZ.com

2) If answer to 1 is yes, what if I own the 2nd site, XYZ.com? Is that still a violation?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Retargeting, then Sending Off to Another Website?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@taewoo;

This is not a violation, however, if the "other" site is not owned by the same advertiser, then Privacy Policy, on your own site,  should clearly say that visitors' information is shared with 3 parties.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Google has always assumed that if you are able to put your remarkeitng code on a site, that you have perimission to do so - in which case it's OK for you to build a list on one site and run ads for another.

They have recently taken this a step further allowing MCC users to "share" remarketing lists across accounts - although there is still a fair amount of fuzziness around how exactly this can (should) be used.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Taewoo,

Yes, 1 is possible.

No. 2 is not a violation.

Also, as steve mentioned, if you are able to place a remarketing code on a said site, AdWords would start populating its remarketing list automatically, so you can basically place your code on a said site (if the owner allows it) and use the populated list for your own campaigns.

Lastly, about list sharing, although, sharing of the list is something that is being done already, if you have admin access to an account/mcc, you should be able to share the list within the said MCC. The accounts within the said MCC should obviously owned by the same entity/ your client.

Google has also very recently provided us advertisers the flexibility and access to carry out this process on our own in the AdWords interface (you can check with your POC for this).

Hope this Helps.

Cheers!
Shashank

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"