AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Retargeting similar groups - results seem really fishy

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

hey guys,

We set up retargeting similar groups campaign in Adwords and we're seeing a lot of weird activity: conversions are happening on dubious apps.  The thing is, our site is a B2B site for a SAAS company.  Conversion means that people sign up for our SAAS platform.

Campaign_Management_–_Google_AdWords.jpg

Anyone seen this before?

1. There's a lot of apps that are showing our banners - these apps are super dubious - like "Free Face Time Call Guide" and "Guide for imo Video Chat Call"
  2. These apps are delivering a LOT of clicks
  3. these apps are delivering a LOT of conversions

None of the above make a lot of sense - anyone know why these obviously useless and shady apps are actually converting clicks on my B2B site?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2016

Re: Retargeting similar groups - results seem really fishy

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@SEM_SAM

Can you expand on what kind of targeting this campaign is using? Is it a similar list generated from a remarketing list?

You might want to consider adding adsenseformobileapps.com to your exclusion list. From my experience, Desktop campaigns get the best results for B2B.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2016

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@SEM_SAM

Can you expand on what kind of targeting this campaign is using? Is it a similar list generated from a remarketing list?

You might want to consider adding adsenseformobileapps.com to your exclusion list. From my experience, Desktop campaigns get the best results for B2B.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi,

As David mentioned, you need to add "adsenseformobileapps.com (without using www) as campaign placement exclusion if you want to completely opt out the ads within the apps.

Else you can do catagory, topic and display keywords exclusion at campaign/adgroup level.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Who marks these things as "Best Answer"? Kind of weird since it's a topic that's not answered yet?

David, thanks for getting back to me:
1. Yes, it's a similar list generated from a remarketing list
2. I know how to stop mobile ads, but the point i'm making is that these "bad" or "scammy" or "shady" apps are actually generating real signups (but no sales) - So the way I see is that A) these apps are so terrible that they should NOT be generating anything because they are so far out in the left field and B) none of these signup conversions are monetizing. Hence, I believe these scam apps are being used by 3rd party SEM companies in developing countries to actually cover up a click farm? I know FB had a problem with this a few years back and I'm really questioning these types of apps.

Any experience with these types of occurrences?