AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Retargeting list is much smaller than it should be

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I created a couple of retargeting lists in AdWords that I am hoping to use soon. I am concurrently running display ads to get people to the site in hopes of growing the retargeting list. However, there is a large difference between the number of people who have clicked my display ads and the number of people on my retargeting list. Over 500 people have clicked my ads which lead to my site with the retargeting code, but only 20 people show up on my retargeting list. Do you know why this would happen?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Check the duration of the list. Have you changed the default setting?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Colin,

Are you using an "All Users" Remarketing list, or do you have any specific parameters or exclusions on your list? Your If you are remarketing to, say, people of a certain age or people who abandon a shopping cart, you will have a smaller list than the clicks from your display ads. More information on the audience set up would be helpful!