AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Retargeting Custom Combinations Query

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all!!

I am setting up a new retargeting campaign for a client.

I'm hoping to target people who have come on to my site, expressed an interest in choosing their local branch, but who havent filled out a contact form.

To do this I need to put retargeting code on the branch page, but I also need to minus the people hwo have already filled in the form! What I would normally do here is put code on the thank you page after the form.

However I dont have a thank you page. I am tracking form fill outs by event tracking that is placed on the submit button.

Has anyone come up against this before that might have some ideas how I can subtract the people who have already converted for me?

Many thanks

Emma

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Retargeting Custom Combinations Query

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Emma,

I have not tried this personally but I'm wondering if you might be able to set up a custom script that would execute not only your Analytics Event but also execute the Remarketing Audience Code from the single click. 

Without a confirmation/thank you page I don't think you have any other options. 

What actually happens once the form submission happens? 

I'm a bit of a coder but not so much that I can give you an example...I do know of a few coding gurus around here, I'll see if I can track someone down to confirm and/or help.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Emma,

You can create a custom combination to show your ad to people who visited your site minus those who actually purchased something.

Know more about custom combination here.

Thanks

Brijesh

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I this case you need to use custom combination of Remarketing. Here you can exclude your customers who already converted for you. If you already have Remarketing lists of your customer and also for that who interested in choosing their local branch then you can follow below setps:

Steps:

Go to Display Network >> Change Display Trageting >>Interests & Remarketing>> Custom Combination>>New Custom Combination >> Now Give the name for your new combination>>Users included or interested in..none of these audience >> Select audience>>Remarketing list>> Customers.

then again go to Users included or interested in >> each of thses audience>>Select audience>>Remarketing list>> Over all visitors who interest in choosing their local branch.

Thanks

Anchal

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Emma,

I have not tried this personally but I'm wondering if you might be able to set up a custom script that would execute not only your Analytics Event but also execute the Remarketing Audience Code from the single click. 

Without a confirmation/thank you page I don't think you have any other options. 

What actually happens once the form submission happens? 

I'm a bit of a coder but not so much that I can give you an example...I do know of a few coding gurus around here, I'll see if I can track someone down to confirm and/or help.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Anchal,

I can't use this method due to the lack of thank you page after the form fill out. It's an ajax form. Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Emma,

I am not sure but the alternatives explained by TC Pete in this thread might be able to assist you.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks PPC Bossman...reckon I'll have to get someone a bit more technically adept to tackle this one!