AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Retargeting Chrome extension users

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone!

I've got a pretty unique use case:

For a creative PR campaign, we are having people install a chrome plugin, which changes their surfing behaviour somewhat (words get replaced, website redirected etc.) Yes, we are an advertising agency, and yes, we are trying to push some boundaries here Smiley Happy 

One of the features is, that you need to leave the plugin active for a certain amount of time. If a user turns it off, they get the message to turn it back on. 

We want to confront user with the plugin turned off through remarketing banners, telling them we know they've turned it off. 

Now, i'm tracking the extension with analytics, and it  get a perfect view of active users. Also, the chrome extension dashboard tells me exactly how many people have installed and/or unistalled it. 

Somehow i need to find a way to target the latter with display ads, ie. create a remarketing list of users who have deactivated or removed the plugin. 

Clearly, the data is available in some sort. But how do i get it extracted and into a list !?!?

Looking forward to your insights! 

Dennis 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Retargeting Chrome extension users

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Dennis S

I know about uninstall, you can open a URL when someone uninstalls the extension. And then, you can remarket them. The documentation for setuninstallURL is here - https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/runtime#method-setUninstallURL

About deactivation, what kind of data do you have for them? If emails, you can upload such email IDs as Customer List in AdWords and can remarket to them.

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter