AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Restricting Google Maps Listings in Location Extensions

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Re: location extensions

When you import addresses from Google Places, it appears to have imported all addresses (in this case, three addresses from across the country).

Instead, we only want to show the one address relevant to the area the campaign is targeting. Essentially we want to stop the other Google Places addresses from showing as sitelinks in a campaign.

How do we do this?

EDIT: Some further detail. I believe that the client may have added some new addresses to their Google Places account, and these are being pulled through automatically into the location extensions.

Thanks!

Re: Restricting Google Maps Listings in Location Extensions

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
Hey there,

Sorry to hear of the difficulties. You can implement a manual location extension (not requiring any links from Places) on the location extension tab.

Does this help? You can just type in the address manually and it's really quick.
Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jack,

Thanks for getting back to me. That was what I was thinking as my back up.

Will they lose any functionality of the location extension? i.e. is there any additional benefit to using Google Places rather than manual entry for your location extensions (other than it can be easier to manage it all through Google Places)?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni
You are welcome..

Well - I guess you would lose things like reviews and user comments of your 'place', and all the extra info that comes with it like descriptions and pics. Where's this literally is a pinpoint on the map with basic location and contact info I think..

Hope you find a way!!

Sent from my iPad
Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+