AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Restrict the impressions of an ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there any way to limit the impressions of text ads on a certain browser/user/IP for a certain device?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @sanchit a,

The closest feature for your purposes could be frequency capping that sets a limit for the number of impressions you will allow a user to have during a period of time. For more, please refer to:

***   Frequency capping   ***

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/117579?hl=en

The feature itself is not device specific, however, you may want to configure your ad groups, and campaigns in a way that is appropriate for you.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lakatos,

Thanks for replying but I already had gone through the link and it is clearly mentioned that frequency capping works with Display Network and not with Search. 

I need a solution for Search Network as there is a possibility that my competitors are trying to exhaust my budget by clicking my ad multiple times that is causing increase in Cost and I am not getting relevant clicks.

Best

Sanchit

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @sanchit a,

Oh, yes, correct. You, however, did not mention that you were targeting the Search Network. If the particular issue is what you described above the usual remedy is to identify their IP addresses in your website database and subsequently apply the IP Exclusions feature that you can find on the campaign settings page under Advanced settings.

Lakatos