AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Responsive Display Ads

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I like the responsive display ads in concept - being able to pull the same image on the landing page would create a more consistent experience that can scale with the ad-sizes available on the GDN without having to ask my creative team for a new ad. But one size doesn't always fit all. Some of the ad-sizes are just poorly laid out. Can you pick and choose certain sizes or exclude anything that does not include an image? I'd love to block a few of those dynamic creatives from ever seeing the light of day.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Responsive Display Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

That would be awesome.  I don't think you can even see performance by individual ad size/type can you?  I believe it's all lumped together.

That's my big issue with the automated campaigns/ads (ie universal app), I can't see enough details or optimize further.

Responsive Display Ads

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

As far as I could tell no...

What I was hoping it did (and maybe it does since I didn't activate them), was to swap different variables - headline, description, images and tell you which variables performed best and what combination was the most effective. That would be neat.

Responsive Display Ads

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

hi, as i know there is something in plan by google in coming year where we can get these data : headling/Description/Image Performance in Responsive Display Ad.

Thanks

Responsive Display Ads

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

>>". Can you pick and choose certain sizes or exclude anything that does not include an image? I'd love to block a few of those dynamic creatives from ever seeing the light of day."

Well...not with responsible ads... for that you'll have to use the classic banner ads...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’