AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Resolving technical issues after-hours??

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My AdWords campaigns are not running, and it's clearly a technical issue - I have plenty of budget, my settings haven't changed, etc...Google looked into this via chat last night and said the same thing.  However, the issue still isn't resolved this AM, and I can't contact anyone via chat or phone. In the meantime, I am losing hundreds in sales.  Is there anyone that can take care of tech issues after-hours??

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Resolving technical issues after-hours??

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Sadly there's nothing we can do here. You'll have to try and chase Google again.

Did they give a time scale as to when the account would be back up?

Cheers

Kane

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Nope, they gave me NOTHING, except the usual we're sending this to the technical team, etc.  Must be nice to be a company so big that you don't feel the need to have 24-hr customer service for a media platform that runs 24 hrs a day.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Have you tried using the Help link in the upper right-hand corner of your account, when you're logged in? Work your way through the selections to find the most appropriate ones.

Holidays and weekends aren't the best time to try and bypass the 'normal' system for requesting help, as you're discovering. Smiley Happy Any tech staff that's working off-peak hours is unlikely to be manning phones but is very likely to be monitoring incoming emails, especially those that arrive clearly tagged as from an existing advertiser.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Theresa, yes indeed, I have been through the Help links...unfortunately, this seems to be an issue that a few others have had as well, and needs attention from the tech staff, and is not a self-resolvable situation.  Just frustrating to know that I am loing money every minute that my ads are down, and my competitors are gaining share through no fault of mine...and Google doesn't give a **bleep**! You'd think with the money that thety make from us every month, they'd at LEAST establish a 24-hr customer-facing and well-trained tech team. Having been to the NYC offices, though, I am sure they're too busy playing with the big rubber balls, etc. in the lobbies.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni

I wasn't suggesting that you simply "go through" the Help links.

If you're really moving through them, searching for a solution to your problem, there's a point at which (near the bottom of the page, IIRC), you get the opportunity to submit an email/trouble ticket that allows you to send them specific info about your problem. That's what I'm suggesting that you do.

You seem convinced this is a "technical problem" so I'm giong to assume you've run the normal diagnostics and verified that there's no payment, ad disapproval/review, site outage, or other problem that you can resolve personally.

Good luck!

Theresa
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You are correct- in fact, I have had a chat with the Google folks yesterday, who have acknowleged that this is a tech issue (I don't need to be convinced, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what switches are lit and which aren't ;-) ) but would like to know IF I can somehow contact them today, and if so, why the heck not? Shouldn't paying customers be accorded serious attention when they spend a good amout of money per day/month/year on a service? What's worse is that while MY account is down, my competition's is UP, and I am losing business. THAT should be Google's priority- Customer Service over, well..you know, the other stuff that you read about that they're doing/keeping/collecting.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 8
Top Contributor Alumni

Sorry - I don't have any inside information on known technical issues or how complicated they are or how long they might take to repair. (Not being sarcastic--I genuinely wish I could assist you but I can't.)

I know you're frustrated.

Theresa
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*