AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Researching CPC for Remarketing Ads

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

How can one determine the CPC for remarketing ads?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Researching CPC for Remarketing Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Remarketing is nothing but an advanced version of Google Display Network ads which are re-targeted using Google Network.

You can use Display Planner to find out the Historical CPC of the placements which you might want to add to your Remarketing campaign. That might give you an idea how you should implement your bidding strategies while targeting Display Network.

Find more details about Display Planner here:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3056115

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Remarketing is nothing but an advanced version of Google Display Network ads which are re-targeted using Google Network.

You can use Display Planner to find out the Historical CPC of the placements which you might want to add to your Remarketing campaign. That might give you an idea how you should implement your bidding strategies while targeting Display Network.

Find more details about Display Planner here:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3056115

Pankaj

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I disagree with this solution.

I don't think the display planner can be of any help regarding CPC , except when we are planning a managed placements ad group.

The Display Planner has a Historical CPC for every placement, which is a CPC amount for the past week for all advertisers on that placement.

Since in remarketing , Display Ads can appear on any placement, there is no way in which the Display Planner with its placements Historical CPC can help. This is because we do not know in advance on what websites our past visitors will navigate when we will receive a click.

In fact , when you use in the Display planner as targeting a remarketing list, there is no estimate about costs per click just : "Cookies / wk" and "Impr. / wk" 

Only testing a set of Ads can give you an idea about average cost in a remarketing ad group.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Adrian B, that's my perspective how Display Planner could be of use for the advertisers. Every tool has its pros and cons but that doesn't mean that you cannot use them.

Rest it's upto the individual who puts up the question to decide whether to go for that option or not!

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Sure, so I can also recommend the use of the Keyword planner for a display ad group with remarketing , because it can also " be of use for the advertisers". It does not matter that it is completely useless in this particular case. Amusing.